Thursday January 30th – Saturday 1st February, 2014
A three-day conference for PRIME tutors who have already attended an introductory PRIME conference or who have been part of a PRIME teaching team. The course will focus and develop the teaching you are already doing or planning.
- To learn about, practise and get feedback on your presenting and facilitation skills
- To learn about teaching with spiritual aims
- To learn how to plan and run a course in whole person medicine
- Receive feedback on personal skills and learning needs with special reference to PRIME teaching programmes
- Experience the whole experience of putting on a course with spiritual aims and outcome
Facilitators: Ros Simpson and Tony Kemp
This conference is part of PRIME’s commitment to offering opportunities and materials for tutor development.
It will include topics such as:
- Developing creative interactive teaching skills
- Role modelling, and development of partnerships for sustaining healthcare changes
- Teaching using a values-based approach to spiritual issues
- Lesson plans, course and strategy development
- Exploring how the teaching changes healthcare outcomes
- Live teaching session run by delegates
- Discussion and analysis of feedback of the live session
Need to know:
- This conference is for PRIME tutors only
- All delegates must bring a short presentation and come prepared to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Delegates must attend all three days
- Places are limited in order to allow sufficient time for individual practice and feedback
- The conference is being held at Above Bar Church in Southampton city centre. Accommodation is available in nearby hotels or local tutor homes.
Delegate fee: £100 per person includes sandwich lunch and refreshments. Also an evening meal will be provided at a local Tutor’s home one of the evenings.
Accreditation from the University of Brighton and CME applied for